I LoVe Imperfections...
chipped... salvaged... tattered... worn... rusty... crusty...

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

"BitterSweet Goodbyes" Viva la Cottage Closes it's Doors...

   It's been public knowlege for some time now, that Angie McMahon, Owner of Viva la Cottage ~for some 2 decades now, made the decision to "Close her SHOP Doors for Good"...  This past Saturday was Viva's "Last Hurrah" - CeLeBraTing the closing with a SPaRKliNg Festive
 *~* WiNteR WoNdeRLaNd *~* Holiday Market!*!*!

Here I am with Angie ~ saying our "Bittersweet" Goodbyes Last Saturday...
To Me Viva la Cottage was like a "little Anthropologie" up in the quaint resort town of Sister Bay Wisconsin...  Approaching the STORE'S FRONT DOOR - which was almost always open, you were greeted by a wafting essence of some of the BeSt Specialty Soaps & Lotions...  The soothing color schemes of "Creamy-Whites/Yellow/Beige" along with Angie's Talent for Unique Eye-Catching Displays,
  Magically made you want to buy E*V*E*R*Y*T*H*I*N*G!!!
  Unique Jewelry, Designer Clothing, & Just AwEsoMe ViNtaGe F*I*N*D*S ~ 
"Were Extra Icing ON-THE-CAKE" - For Me!*!*!



 This Year's Winter Wonderland 
was a "SpaRKliNg SHaBBy White-Out"











 I bought sooooo many wonderful ViNtaGe Christmas F*I*N*D*S from Carol!*!*!  ~ I'm keeping them a secret till my First HoLIDAy Show at Grayslake Antique Market on NOVEMBER 10th & 11th at the Lake County Fairgrounds in Grayslake, Illinois  (I'll be posting MORE details about the Event as the date gets closer...)













 Carol & Angie 
@ The Check-Out...







 *~* Carol & Angie *~*
Angie could not have asked for a better employee than CAROL!*!*!  
Carol IS-THE-BEST SALES PERSON - EVER!!!
Always greeted you with a Smile, Pleasant Conversation, Helpful, FaB with Re-Arranging/Displays, Great Eye For ViNtaGe!!!  Angie was soooooo lucky to have her!*!*!




With ALL of Angie's Talent, my guess is she's just taking a break ~ WaiTiNg 
 for "Something Else" to Develop...  Until we cross paths - AGAIN...
Big Hugs Angie & Carol 

Jeanine

1 comment:

  1. Oh... thank you Jeanine for bringing us these beautiful photos... beautiful souls there for sure! Will be missed! I was there the weekend before, missed Angie but visited with Carol!
    I hope our paths cross again soon!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS ~ ALWAYS APPRECIATED...
PoSt a Comment -OR-
Email Me: chippyshabby@wi.rr.com
I'd LoVe to Hear What Y*O*U Have to Say!*!*!